Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sushi Scrapbook Layout

Hello everyone!! I thought I would take a few moments to share with you something I came up with for a scrapbooking layout. My hubby and I have a small weakness for sushi (when we can afford it!) and I wanted to do a layout explaining it. Enjoy!



My inspiration came from a page done here and wanted to incorporate my own version of a bamboo mat. The bamboo mat I used was actually a place mat that I got from my local Dollar Tree and cut it down to size.

The chopsticks were a cut from Design Studio using George and Basic Shapes. I took the rounded triangle and stretched it and made it skinny. There is a .cut file for you on the top left hand side of my blog.

The fortune cookie is kinda sad I know, but it was the best I could do. Through researching how to make a fortune cookie, I learned how to make super cute 3D ones! Here is that link. I basically did the same steps as shown at the website, but I made my circle at only 3 1/2 inches. I pretty much just flattened out my fortune cookie until I was pleased with it.

Please let me know what you think and feel free to use my .cut file!!!

As always, happy crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment