Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's a Boy - LO

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share with you a 2 page LO I've been feverishly working on. Turns out I'm the slowest scrapper in the world... haha.

For this LO I used 4 Cricut Cartridges and the DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Boy Paper Stack.



For the Train I used New Arrival. The animals are all cut from Create a Critter and the letters for the name and date are from Simply Sweet, welded together in my Gypsy. The banners are from Simply Sweet - stretched in my Gypsy. Love my gypsy!!! :)



This LO was fun for me because I did it differently than I have any other LO. Basically I knew the five photos I wanted to use and I layed them out in my Gypsy. (I just used George and Basic Shapes to hold the spot of the photo - even though I never cut it out)
I designed the LO around those photos and this is what my gypsy screen looked like before I started cutting.
To design this two page LO I chose the 12X24 mat option on my Gypsy and designed the left and right pages accordingly.



The animals on the gypsy LO screen were all the base models of the animals. For each animal I added a tab and added the layers there. That way when I was ready to cut I just rearranged the animals according to where I had room for the scraps on my mat.

(Even though the 12x24 mat was chosen - I only cut things out with my 12x12 mat. I just had to make sure the images that were actually being cut would only be where they would be on the screen for a 12x12 mat.)




The banner is from Jubilee and stretched to fit the top of my LO. I put the little boys name in it and welded as much of it together as I could. I liked putting the name in the banner so I knew I had the exact size I wanted.
I did the same thing for the date inside the train to make sure it fit nicely.
(I did delete the banner and train car before cutting!)






I kept this banner blank because I need to ask his momma what his exact weight and length was when he was born. :)


If you would like the gypsy file for this.. just let me know. I'm having trouble with my sharing site for cut files right now. But I'd be happy to email you the file if you'd like.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy crafting!!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute and no I am slower then you... I have a almost 3 year old and almost 3 month old and need to start the albums for them.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm a new follower of your blog. I think this LO is very, very cute!! You did a great job with this! Yes, if you wouldn't mind sharing the Gypsy file, that would be great!

    My email is Nedine at comcast dot net

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete