Saturday, February 5, 2011

Get Whale Soon Card

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share a quick card with you.

My DH's grandma has been feeling under the weather lately and I thought I'd send her a card to cheer her up.

The whale was from the Create-A-Critter Cricut cartridge.




Something I have become very fond of is the Studio G cards with matching envelopes. I get them at my local M's in the $1 bin. They come in lots of colors and styles. I like these better than using regular card stock as the base of a card for a couple of reasons, 1.) it lets me have more "sturdy" writing capabilities and 2.) I don't have to worry about putting an insert for writing notes in a card with a dark base. Even if I have a card with a color I'm not crazy about, I can cover it completely with my own card stock to hide it. They are very versatile! -And did I mention they are only $1??!! :)


I used the bow from the porcupine on the whale. Gotta love her!! :) Oh and don't forget the stickles!!


Because I don't have super good white ink pads, I used wet embossing on this My Pink Stamper stamp. For this I used a Versa Mark Ink Pad, White Embossing powder and my heat gun.



Thanks for taking the time to check this out!

As always, happy crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment