Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Snow Day LO

Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day yesterday! I've been trying to stay afloat on my scrapbook pages and thought I'd share one I've finished recently.

In light of the crazy snow we've had here this past week... I thought I'd post a snow day LO I've done.

This is a 12x12 LO I've done using Winter Woodlands and Snow Friend Cricut Cartridges.



"Snow Day" was from Winter Woodland. I believe it was cut at 4". I embellished it by adding small gems with matching colors.


The cute little snowman was cut from Snow Friends at 3" - when you layer the hat on it gets to the height of about 4 1/2" or 5". These little suckers are hard to piece together. But I like the way they look in the end!

Something that was new to me on this LO was adding the border of gems. I ran my ATG gun down the line where the two patterened papers met and I placed the purple gems in a line down the page. This was a cheaper alternative than buying the pre-made gems accent pieces.


For the border I used a Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Snowflake Edge punch. I also used it on the edge of the tag I journaled on.

Well here's my layout!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment