Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cinnamon Roll LO

I really enjoyed making this layout. For Christmas this year my dad made the most WONDERFUL cinnamon rolls in the world!!! It may seem silly to make a LO based on cinnamon rolls... but they are a new (and forced) family tradition. My dad is a fireman and one of his fire buddies gave him a recipe for these cinnamon rolls and he tried them out for us. Once we all took a bite - we demanded them as a family tradition. They are quite labor intensive so I wanted to make sure I scrapbooked them to document their goodness. =)

I don't have a close-up of the letters, but I cut them from chipboard and covered them in paper. On top of the paper I covered them in alternating colors of Studio G glitter that I got from Michael's in the $1 bin.




I got the drippy goo from a Cricut messageboard member who kindly shared her file. I'm sorry I cant give the credit to the exact person because I can't find it right now. But if you'd like to have the .cut file I can share. She sent me a short and long drippy goo file.

I used the drippy goo cut to mimick the glaze on the cinnamon rolls. I thought about covering them with accent essentials to give it a glaze, but that would be an awful lot of accent essentials.


For the cinnamon roll border I used George and Basic Shapes to weld together circles to make a 12" border. I inked the edges of the border with a dark brown color box ink pad to make it look like the burnt or darkened part of a cinnamon roll.

Inside the circles I cut this little swirl from Sweet Treats with white cardstock. I placed them in alternating patterns. I covered the white part of the glaze with accent essentials to give it a more realistic look.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment